The people of God have been gathering together for thousands of years. Throughout the Christian Church, Sunday mornings are ‘little Easters’ as we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. Indeed, at Ascension Sundays are ‘prime time’ as we gather from throughout the city to worship and fellowship together.
We need a large cohort each Sunday morning to support many different areas of ministry. If you would like to explore any of these ministry teams further, please fill out this form or use the link at the bottom of the page.
- Sacristy Ministry Team: This team prepares the church for worship services. Work is done Saturday mornings from 9:30 – 11am as well as Sunday for a short time after services.
- Greeters: This team welcomes at the main church entrances before services.
- Ushers: This team distributes bulletins and has other logistical duties during worship series.
- Welcome Table: This team welcomes guests after worship services, answers questions they might have and makes sure they receive their gift!
- Crucifer or Acolyte: This team, consisting of children, youth and adults is active at the 11am service, carrying the cross in procession and assisting during communion.
- Reader and/or Chalice Bearers: Members of this team read scripture and/or serve communion wine during worship services.
- Security: Members of this team walk the building between worship services ensuring the safety of our most vulnerable members.