“And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.” – Ephesians 4:11 – 13
Our church has many different ministry teams that differ in who they serve but remain deeply united in what they seek to achieve – believers who are mature in Jesus Christ. The Message translates the latter part of the Ephesians passage beautifully, speaking of believers who are “moving rhythmically and easily with each other, efficient and graceful in response to God’s Son, fully mature adults, fully developed within and without, fully alive like Christ.” That’s our hope at Ascension – that our church programs serve the end goal of producing those fully alive like Christ!
Different ministries have many different roles for volunteers to fill. So, for example, while we list just 6 ministries, we need 40+ volunteers in Children’s Ministry alone. If you would like to take a deeper look at the ministries to follow to see if there is a match with the skills and gifts God has given you, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
- Children’s Ministry: Teach or assist with Sunday School, support for special activities, hallway monitors
- Youth Ministry: Youth group leader for Middle School or High School, support for special activities and events, mentoring teens
- Young Adult Ministry: Host groups, mentor young adults, adopt students during the school year
- OWLS Seniors Ministry: Help with the visioning and organizing of monthly meetings
- Special Needs Ministry: Help with Sunday WINGS class as a teacher or as a ‘buddy’ to one of our special needs friends; help with music or crafts at the monthly special needs Club meeting on the second Saturday of the month
- Community Groups: Host or lead a group