Questions for Week of November 10 – 16
Deuteronomy 8:6-18; Matthew 6:19-21,24
“What kind of Christian are you?”
- Read Deuteronomy 8:10-18.
- What does this passage teach us about our wealth?
- v.11 urges us to “Take care that you do not forget the LORD your God, by failing to keep his commandments, his ordinances, and his statutes…” Have you ever experienced your money and possessions leading you to forget God?
- How does God give us the power to get wealth (v.18)?
- Read Matthew 6:19-21, 24
- Share an example of where you’ve experienced the truth of Jesus’ statement that “where your treasure is there your heart will be also.” (v. 21) paying attention to the order of that statement – with treasure coming before heart.
- Canon Jonathan spoke about “acting our way into a new way of thinking.” Have you ever found that to be true for you in the area of financial stewardship?
- On Sunday, Jonathan said, “How we think about money, how we earn it, spend it, save it, give it away – all these things tell us a great deal about our relationship to God and what sorts of Christians we are. Money has the potential to deepen or destroy a person’s relationship with God.”
- Share how your relationship with money has affected your relationship with God.
- Share an experience when being faithful regarding money has brought great joy or blessing.