Questions for the Week of January 19 – 25, 2020
Come & See the Lamb of God
Read John 1:29-42
- John the Baptist referred to Jesus as the Lamb of God. What does that mean and how does that connect with you in your daily life?
- When Jesus saw that two of John’s disciples started to follow him, he turned and said to them: “What are you looking for?” (John 1:35-38)
- What do you think they were looking for?
- What are you looking for in the coming year?
- How might you encounter Christ on a daily basis?
- Jesus invited John’s disciples to “Come and see.” (John 1:39)
- What was Jesus inviting them to see?
- What are some practical ways you can invite people who don’t know Jesus to “Come and see”?
- If you have invited someone to “Come and see” – share with the group how that went.
- After they came and saw, one of them, Andrew, went and found his brother, Simon, and brought him to Jesus. (John 1:39-42)
- Did anyone help you come to Jesus? If so, share with your group what that looked like.
- Have you brought anyone to Jesus? If you have, what did that mean for you and for the other person?
- If you have been using the “BELLS” acronym (from the book Surprise the World, and as we learned about at last year’s Parish Retreat) how are you doing with it?
Bless – Blessing others with Words of Affirmation, Acts of Kindness, and Gifts
Eat – Practicing Hospitality through eating with others
Listen – Listening to God, setting aside designated time each week and eliminating distractions
Learn – Learning Christ through studying the Gospels and reading about Jesus
Sent – Seeing ourselves as Missionaries, Sent ones, who are people of Reconciliation, Justice, Beauty, and Wholeness