SERVICE TIMES: Join us in the Nave (sanctuary) for a 9am Service or an 11am Service that will also be available by livestream on Ascension’s YouTube channel.
- Masks that properly cover the nose and mouth must be worn at all times inside the building on Sunday mornings (except when briefly raised to receive Holy Communion).
- Regarding Holy Communion, the bread-bearers will dip a wafer in the communion wine and place the wafer into a communicant’s cupped hands. Masks can be raised briefly to receive the communion elements.
- We will continue to sing with masks on at both services.
- Childcare is offered. All workers are fully vaccinated.
- Sunday School will run concurrently with both services. Children aged 4 – 5th grade begin with their parents, leaving for class after the children’s talk, and returning in time for communion. We will do our best to provide good ventilation for classroom spaces.
Pandemic or no pandemic, here’s what we think about worship!
Worship is the highlight of our life together as a church! Eugene Peterson has said, “Worship is the strategy by which we interrupt our preoccupation with ourselves and attend to the presence of God.”
Our desire is that our experience of the presence of God through worship shapes us for the rest of the week: “So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering.” (Romans 12:1, The Message). Worship doesn’t end when we walk out the door. Rather, the hope is that our time together on Sunday mornings is just the beginning. Please join us in this journey.