Registration for in person worship
We welcome you to join us for our 10am Sunday worship – in person or via our live stream on the Ascension’s YouTube channel with walk-through Communion to follow from 11:15 – 12:15pm.
Registration to attend Sunday Services as well as all service information, including live stream link, bulletin and children’s resource, is available HERE.
Three-Phase Reopen Plan
Ascension has a tentative three-phase reopen plan (updated Feb 2021) which is explained in full below. We will continue with our “accordion” approach of reopening dependent upon local health conditions.
Phase 1 – Lent (Mid-February through March)
- Beginning on Ash Wednesday we hope to resume limited in-person attendance coupled with the weekly live stream and walk-through Communion service on Sundays.
- During Holy Week we expect to have services on Maundy Thursday and Good Friday culminating in the great celebration of Easter with three services including the Easter Vigil. God willing, all of these services will permit some in-person attendance.
Phase 2 – Easter Season (April through May)
We are planning for a weekly outdoor “Tent Service” at 9:00 am and a service in the Nave at 11:00 am
- Tent Service (9:00 am) with space for at least 150 people. This will be an in-person service of Holy Eucharist including (masked) singing, and possible a Children’s Program.
- Service in the Nave (11:00 am) with space for up to 100 people. This will be an in-person and live stream service of Holy Eucharist (masked, no singing), followed by walk-through Communion.
Phase 3 – Pentecost Season to Christmas (June through December)
We hope to continue with the two services at 9:00 and 11:00 and will be looking at ways to increase capacity as needed and prudent. We will also have a contingency plan in place to deal with severe weather that may affect the ability to use the tent.
What is walk-through Communion?
During the time we have limited capacity for worship, we offer walk-through Communion. This is a time to receive the bread, one of the elements of Communion, from an Ascension clergy. All who watch the live stream service are welcome. The walk-through Communion will last approximately one hour after each service. Entrance to Ascension’s Nave will be via the red doors facing the Parish Hall lawn. No registration needed for this.
Can’t come in person but would like the Eucharist?
For those unable to get to church, Lay Eucharistic Visitors are available for porch visits. Please use the link available HERE if you would like an at home visit.
Here’s what things look like in non-pandemic time!
Our Sunday Services normally begin at 9am and 11am. Please join us!
You can learn more about Sunday worship here. To find us, we are located on the border of the Oakland/Shadyside neighborhoods of the City of Pittsburgh and just a short walk from both Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh. For our location and directions, please click on the map.
4729 Ellsworth Avenue
Pittsburgh PA 15213
Please use our parking lots located at Neville and Ellsworth. If you’ll be less than an hour, you can also park on the street.
There are several good options on Sundays:
- Street Parking – no restrictions
- Oakland Catholic School – We have permission to use this lot each Sunday. You must enter the Oakland Catholic parking lot from Craig Street, which is one block west of the church toward the University of Pittsburgh. The gate at the entrance to the lot will open automatically when your car approaches the line.
- Clyde Street – Clyde intersects Ellsworth, almost directly across from our parking lot. Parking is available in the University Child Development Center. Clyde is one way and the access is from Fifth Avenue, one block south of the church toward Carnegie Mellon University
- Central Catholic School – This lot is two blocks away from the church. The entrance is on Neville, just down the hill from Fifth Avenue.