Six Weeks of Summer at Ascension (July 14 – August 18)
Service time changes to 10am
This July and August we are going to have “Six Weeks of Summer at Ascension”. From July 14 through August 18we will have just two services on a Sunday morning. They will take place at 8am and 10am. We will also have special events for each of these six Sundays. Details are as follows…and please note, there are three times it would help if you brought along some food. Thanks!
July 14 “Worship on the Lawn” followed by a potluck picnic
- We will provide hot dogs, chips and watermelon
- Please bring food to share – enough for you or your family plus a few others!
- If the weather does not cooperate, we will have worship inside the church.
July 21 Ministry Fair (1)
- This will be an opportunity to speak with leaders of different ministries at Ascension to see where you might plug in
July 28 Jazz on the Lawn
- Enjoy some lemonade on the lawn after the service and listen to a jazz performance featuring Ben Clifton and the Center of Life Jazz Musicians
August 4 Dessert Reception
- Enjoy the music of the Phil Cox and ‘The Brass Staff’
- Bring your finest dessert or best plate of cookies to share!
August 11 Ministry Fair (II)
- Here’s a second opportunity to speak with leaders of different ministries at Ascension to see where you might plug in
August 18 BBQ on the lawn
- Please bring a side dish, salad or dessert to share!
Regular Schedule (Sundays beginning August 25)
While we will have “Six Weeks of Summer at Ascension” from July 14 – August 18, the rest of the year (August 25th and thereafter) we have 3 worship services on Sunday mornings which are as follows:
Our 7:30am service uses the more traditional liturgy of Rite 1. It is a small and intimate service that meets in the Gordon Chapel. All are welcome, although there is no provision for childcare. Following the service bagels and pastries, juice and coffee are served in the Parish Hall.
Our 9am service uses the more contemporary liturgy of Rite 2. The musical part of our worship incorporates hymns and contemporary songs led by a worship band. Childcare and Sunday School are provided. Our special needs program runs concurrent with this service.
Our 11am service also uses the more contemporary liturgy of Rite 2. The musical part of our worship incorporates an adult choir, a praise group called Resounding Grace and hymnody accompanied by the organ. Childcare and Sunday School are provided.
Hospitality on Sunday Morning: In between the two main services, from approximately 10 – 11am, we host a Hospitality Hour in the Parish Hall. You are welcome to join us for good food and fantastic fellowship!