“Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law” – Deuteronomy 31:12 – 13
The people of God have been gathering together for thousands of years – from the time of Moses until now! Throughout the Christian Church Sunday mornings are ‘little Easters’ as we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. Indeed, at Ascension Sundays are ‘prime time’ as we gather from areas throughout the city, worship and fellowship together, and welcome newcomers who join us.
We need a large cohort each Sunday morning to support many different areas of ministry. If you would like to explore any of these ministry teams further, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
- Altar Ministry Team: This team prepares the church for worship services. Work is done Saturday mornings from 9:30 – 11am as well as Sunday for a short time after services.
- Greeters: This team welcomes at the main church entrances before services.
- Ushers: This team distributes bulletins, takes offering and has other logistical duties during worship series.
- Welcome Table: This team welcomes guests after worship services, answers questions they might have and makes sure they receive their gift!
- Crucifer or Acolyte: This team, consisting of children, youth and adults is active at the 11am service, carrying the cross in procession and assisting during communion.
- Reader and/or Chalice Bearers: Members of this team read scripture and/or serve communion wine during worship services.
- Prayers of the People: Members of this team offer intercessions during worship services.
- Security: Members of this team walk the building between worship services ensuring the safety of our most vulnerable members.