Church of the Ascension seeks to hire a Director of Children’s Ministry to start on or about August 1, 2019. This can be either a full-time position or a shared part-time position. We are looking for applicants who will cultivate our children’s ministry by recruiting, equipping, and investing in robust volunteer teams, promoting the vision of Ascension’s children’s ministry, and ministering to and empowering families of young children in our congregation.
The Director of Children’s Ministry leads and supervises the children’s program, from infants to students in grade 5. This person also demonstrates the following:
- Strong Christian faith, faithful devotional life of prayer and reading the Scriptures, commitment to corporate worship, and willingness to embrace the community life of Church of the Ascension and the Anglican Diocese of Pittsburgh.
- Strategic and tactical leadership skills to implement and communicate a clear vision for ministry to and by children.
We at Ascension are Anglican believers who seek to worship, grow, and give as members of the Pittsburgh and Oakland communities. The Children’s Ministry is integral in equipping the whole church family to live out our Christian faith in all spheres of life.
Qualifications and preferred background for the Director of Children’s Ministry include the following:
- Understanding of child development, especially the spiritual formation of the child.
- Relevant education and/or ministry degree preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with infants through older elementary aged children.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Christian education.
- Ability to teach and cast vision to both children and adults.
- Ability to listen to a variety of ideas and communicate a clear vision based on Church of the Ascension’s mission and values.
- Experience managing volunteers: recruit, train, empower, and inspire them.
- Ability warmly to welcome and connect children and parents into the broader life of the church.
- Ability to work well in teams, and to collaborate with other church staff, ministry leaders, and parents.
- Ability to balance attention to details with passion and vision for ministry.
The vision statement for Ascension’s children ministry is available here. The position announcement is available here. The job description is available here. We invite qualified applicants prayerfully to consider submitting a letter of interest, resume, and the names of three references (a professional reference, a pastoral reference, and a personal reference) via email to: Marilyn Chislaghi, Director of Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org